- The majority of SaaS adoption and transformational projects are usually centred heavily on physical and virtual classrooms (ILT), which require complex management of scheduling, large direct and indirect spending per learner (covering training facilities, travelling, training development and re-development), and in most cases end up with a training that cover a small percentage of the original targeted content.
- Training approaches focus on “pushing” content and driving retention of knowledge rather than developing the performance of capability, with training content shrunk to a small proportion of the overall new business processes.
- Feedback from users indicate that common approaches are not engaging enough, and they do not focus on building performances and habits which improve business outcomes as they rather focus on building knowledge which in most cases by the time of system “go live” will not be relevant or will not reflect the latest business processes and system look and feel.
- User experience focused, supported by working in iterations both with the SaaS development teams and change network
- Using a sandbox training environment which is a full replica of the future production environment, enabling learners to experience the actual working process and “look and Feel” of their expected new work environment
- Training and support are developed and delivered as bite size embedded content, and delivered as a personalised curriculum by user segments, roles and business processes.
- Replacement of ILT and scheduled release time to on demand daily 10 min sessions which contribute to reduced learner anxiety and creation of a new habit.
Outcomes & Value
- The full project life cycle per user segment is about 8 weeks, while user interface time of "On boarding" to "full performance" is 3 weeks compared to 3 months, which reduce the business disruption to minimal.
- Knowledge retention, raised from 8% (traditional approach) to 85%, with turnaround time from on board for performance, reduced from a traditional 3 months to 3 weeks.
- Reduction in investment per user from an average of $2500 to $600 per year, by removing most of the indirect spending and optimising the direct spending.
- Learner engagement and participation in pre go live activities reach 90% compared to industry standard of 35%, which lead to better two way communication and learner feedback during our learning, development stage, and allowed us to produce an embedded “personalised curriculum” for each learner.
- Embedded bite size content is easy to update and allow the programme more flexibility to develop and modify the platform up to 3 weeks pre go live.